https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/IMG_5086_Foto-Lorenzo-Moreni.jpg 400 600 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2017-01-24 08:55:222023-04-08 08:58:51Perfect for children: Cauliflower patties
How to get children to eat vegetables? Simple, try using them as the main ingredient to prepare tasty Cauliflower patties. Because we know that patties are always very popular with children, so they won’t be able to say no to this vegetarian version.
The only challenge is to handle these patties gently because they are softer than their meat-based sisters, which you can still use to hide other vegetables, as is the case with my Spinach meatballs.
7.79g carbohydrates per 100g
- 400g cauliflower
- 60g Pecorino cheese, grated
- 40g breadcrumbs**
- 30g capers
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt, pepper and olive oil
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Boil the cauliflower in salted water until soft. Drain and sauté it in a pan with extra virgin olive oil and garlic. Let it cool, then remove the garlic and blend the cauliflower in a food processor with capers and parsley. Add egg, Pecorino and Parmesan cheese to obtain a rather firm mixture.
- Put a few tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan, form patties, roll them in breadcrumbs and brown them on both sides.
They are excellent served both hot and cold.
Version with gluten of Cauliflower patties
Replace the gluten-free breadcrumbs with standard breadcrumbs.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!