My “oven free” recipes continue, giving us pleasure for the eyes and palate and Piadina bread is certainly an excellent solution. This time we are going to prepare them in a light version using oil and especially with a fresh and colourful topping: here is the recipe of my Layered pie of Piadina with oil.
Few steps to prepare Piadina, then let your creativity free to top and overlap them to form a true Layered pie of Piadina with oil that you can slice and serve easily. Ideal also as a solution to “clean out your fridge” upon condition that you have plenty of vegetables in season.
Do not forget to add some aromatic herbs to your recipes: they will be a pleasure for taste and will allow you to reduce the amount of salt! And if you are looking for another idea to save energy not using the oven, try these No-cook stuffed tomatoes.
Layered pie of Piadina with oil
50.6g carbohydrates per 100g Piadina
17g carbohydrates per 100g Layered pie of Piadina with oil
Ingredients for 4 pieces of Piadina
- 150g flour mix for bread Nutrifree**
- 120g water
- 30g wholemeal rice flour*
- 25 g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g fine corn flour*
- ½ tsp salt
- a bit of baking soda
Ingredients for stuffing
- 300g small tomatoes of various colours
- 300g Stracchino cheese or another cream cheese
- 100g mixed leafy greens
- 100g smoked salmon
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (in Italy they may be listed on Prontuario AIC)
- Pour the flour mix and rice flour in a bowl with salt and baking soda, then pour the water and mix; finish adding the oil in a trickle.
- Knead on a board until smooth, then cover the dough with a T-towel or cling film and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts, shape balls, then roll them out with a rolling pin to a thickness of about 1-2mm forming a disk.
- Warm up a non-stick pan over medium heat and cook the disks of Piadina for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Start assembling the layered pie putting a Piadina on the bottom, top it with a part of cream cheese, a layer of leafy greens and some slices of tomato; cover with a second Piadina and top it with a second part of cream cheese, leafy greens, some slices of tomato and half the salmon; add the third Piadina and top it the same way as the previous layer and finally top with the last Piadina, the remaining cream cheese and sliced coloured tomatoes overlapping the slices a bit.
- Complete with a pinch of salt, a dusting of oregano and parsley leaves.
Version with gluten of Layered pie of Piadina with oil
Prepare the Piadina with oil using 200g wheat flour, 100g water, 25g extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and a bit of baking soda. Stuff the pie to taste: the ingredients given in the recipe are all naturally gluten free.