Whether it is for a hunger-breaking snack or a snack to take to school, attention to what children and young people eat during the day is very important. Needless to say, good, home-made things are always the best option, so Baked Panzerottini are just a great solution. If you want an idea for a sweet snack, try Mini apple strudels.
Of course, time is generally short and everyday commitments do not allow us to cook as much as we would like.
My recommendation is that you bake Panzerottini in a large amount then freeze them to have them ready whenever you want: the ideal problem solvers.
31.5g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for the dough
- 250g gluten free bread flour mix, brand Nutrifree**
- 210g water
- 40g wholemeal rice flour*
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 7g brewer’s yeast
- 8g salt
- rice flour for dusting*
Ingredients for stuffing
- 250g milk
- 80g cooked ham*
- 80g Scamorza cheese
- 25g wholemeal rice flour*
- 10g butter
- salt, grated Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Knead all the ingredients together, form a dough ball and let it rest covered for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the béchamel sauce by melting the butter in a pan, add the flour, stirring with a whisk so that no lumps form, then add the milk. Put the mixture on the heat until the béchamel forms.
- Season with salt and add grated Parmesan cheese to taste. Finally, let the béchamel sauce cool down.
4. Roll out the dough and cut 9cm diameter disks. Place a spoonful of béchamel sauce in the centre, ham pieces and two or three small cubes of Scamorza cheese.
5. Lightly moisten the edge of the filled disc with water and place a second disc on top, pressing the edge down so that it is perfectly sealed.
- Brush the Panzerotti surface, put them on a baking tin covered with parchment paper and bake in a static oven preheated to 200°C for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Version with gluten of Baked Panzerottini
Prepare the dough with wheat flour and adjust the amount of water.