Do you have a craving for something sweet, perhaps a biscuit to break your appetite, but don’t want to indulge in a sin of gluttony? The answer is gluten-free Digestives, a mouth-watering solution, sweet to the point and, above all, without too much guilt.
In fact, this version of Digestive contains much less butter and much less sugar than the original recipe, so it will also be perfectly suited to accompany some blue cheese or a piece of Stilton.
What else? Have fun and watch the video to see how to prepare them step by step.
52g carbohydrates per 100g without chocolate
- 100g oatmeal*
- 100g flour mix for bread, brand BiAglut**
- 90g butter
- 60g milk
- 60g brown sugar
- 40g dark chocolate
- 8g baking powder*
- 3g salt
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients except the dark chocolate and blend to a smooth, even dough. Depending on the oatmeal you use, you may have to add a bit more milk.
- Cover the dough with cling film and leave to rest for 30-40 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of about half a centimetre, cut out the biscuits with a round mould 5-6cm in diameter and bake them in a static oven preheated to 180°C for about 13 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or over very low heat, then dip in it one side of the digestives and let them cool down before serving.
Version with gluten of Digestives
Replace the gluten-free BiAglut flour with wheat flour and, if necessary, increase the amount of butter by 20g.