On Women’s Day, we thought of offering you an alternative idea to the usual mimosas, a gift for the eyes and the palate: Ravioli with prawns and cherry tomatoes.
Yes, today we want to share a recipe to prepare for the woman you love, but also for a dinner with women friends. In short, for an evening dedicated to the world of women.
Very well, then get ready to cook some delicious ravioli with that extra touch: a romantic heart shape.
Ravioli with prawns and cherry tomatoes
18.48g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for egg pasta
- 300g gluten free flour mix, brand Petra 3**
- 5 eggs
- 10g bitter cocoa*
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the filling
- 400g boiled and peeled prawns
- 300g boiled and peeled potatoes
- 100g Robiola cheese
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for the dressing
- 500g cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 3 basil leaves
- salted ricotta cheese, salt, extra virgin olive oil
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
Preparation of Ravioli with prawns and cherry tomatoes
- On a cutting board, make a well with the flour and crack the eggs in the centre, add oil and salt.
Start by beating the eggs with a fork and gradually incorporate the flour so that the liquids do not spill out, adding a few tablespoons of water if necessary.
Continue stirring until the mixture is fairly compact.
- Now knead the dough with your hands until it becomes smooth and firm. Cover it with cling film and leave it to rest while you prepare the filling.
- Mash the potatoes and mix them with the chopped shrimps, robiola cheese, salt and pepper.
- Now assemble the ravioli.
- Roll out the dough, cut it with a heart-shaped cutter and place the filling in the centre. Finally, close the ravioli by placing another layer of pasta on top. To seal the two parts, you can help yourself with the tines of a fork.
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to the boil. In the meantime, sauté the halved cherry tomatoes and basil leaves in a non-stick pan with a little oil, seasoning with salt.
- Cook the ravioli in salted water and, once cooked, drain them, dry them on a towel and serve on a plate with the sautéed cherry tomatoes, a generous grating of salted ricotta and a drizzle of mild extra virgin olive oil.
Version with gluten of Ravioli with prawns and cherry tomatoes
Replace the 300g gluten-free flour with wheat flour and knead it with 3 whole eggs and a few tablespoons of water, if necessary.