https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/IMG_3146Foto-Lorenzo-Moreni.jpg 400 600 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2016-12-23 08:13:322023-04-08 09:18:17The magic of Christmas in a Cookie house
We are dealing with the last Christmas decorations and couldn’t resist… eggs, flour, butter and the shortcrust pastry was practically ready. Creativity made us create a colourful and imaginative Cookie house, our classic to put as a centrepiece for the holidays.
While making the Cookie house, don’t stop the creative mood and maybe even make some Christmas cookies to hang on the tree!
66g carbohydrates per 100g of cookie without icing
Ingredients for the shortbread
- 400g gluten-free cake flour** (for flour with gluten, see below)
- 150g butter
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8g baking powder*
- 1 pinch of salt, 1 pinch of vanilla
Ingredients for the icing
- 150g icing sugar*
- 25g pasteurised egg white
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
Preparation of the Cookie house
- Put the flour, butter, sugar, salt and eggs in a bowl. Stir in the baking powder and vanilla.
- With the shortcrust pastry, prepare the house pieces using special moulds. Bake the pieces in a static oven preheated to 180°C for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool down.
- For the icing, mix the pasteurised egg white with the icing sugar until smooth and firm.
- Fill a pastry bag with the icing and decorate the pieces as desired. Once the icing has dried, assemble the little house with the help of someone to hold the biscuits in place until the icing has solidified.
Version with gluten of Cookie house
Replace the 400g gluten free flour with your regular cake flour.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!