This time we were inspired by the desire to offer you an appetizing yet light main course, perfect to welcome these first summer days. In short, a simple recipe that combines the digestibility of the white meat of turkey with the sweetness of courgettes and the tastiness of Scamorza cheese: Stuffed turkey breast.
If you want an idea for a side dish, try Ratatouille.
Ingredients ready, pan on the stove and we begin with the preparation of our roasted turkey.
Stuffed turkey breast
0.73g carbohydrates per 100g
- 750g turkey breast
- 250g courgettes
- 65g spring onion
- 60g Scamorza cheese
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- milk, rosemary, sage, salt
- To simplify preparation, have your butcher cut the turkey breast into a rectangle.
- In a wok or non-stick pan, put a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and sauté the clove of garlic together with the finely chopped spring onion and the julienne or thinly sliced courgettes.
3. Season with salt and bring to the boil. Remove the garlic clove and spread the courgettes on the meat rectangle. Cover it with slices of Scamorza cheese and roll it up to form a cylinder. Then tie the roast with string so that the stuffing does not come out.
- Put a little oil in a pan and brown the roast; then add a dash of milk, a sprig of rosemary and a few sage leaves; put the lid on and let the roast cook for 45 minutes.
- If a lot of liquid forms, remove the lid and let it evaporate by browning the surface of the roast.
Serve hot in slices, possibly accompanied by a spoonful of the cooking liquid.
Version with gluten of Stuffed turkey
The recipe is naturally gluten-free, so no adaptation is needed for the version with gluten.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!