https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Strudel-di-mele-sugar-light-1.jpg 545 900 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2018-06-21 23:22:452023-04-07 17:23:22Gluten-free apple strudel
There are desserts that go well in any season, delighting not only in their flavour but also in their aromas. Gluten-free apple strudel is one such desserts: healthy, spicy and irresistibly flavoured. If you love apples, don’t miss this Soft apple and cinnamon cake.
Gluten-free apple strudel is easy to prepare, great to taste and… quick to bake. So, no fear of the heat in the house, it will only take a little effort to bake an extremely tempting dessert that can possibly be accompanied by a few spoonfuls of cinnamon-flavoured Greek yoghurt.
Gluten-free apple strudel
34.53g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for the dough
- 300g flour mix for bread, brand BiAglut**
- 100g water
- 75g butter
- 40g seed oil
- 30g sugar
Ingredients for the filling
- 900g Granny Smith apples (weight of apples to be peeled)
- 70g raisins
- 50g pine nuts
- 50g breadcrumbs**
- 30g brown sugar
- 25g rum
- 20g sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- cinnamon powder
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
Preparation of Gluten free apple strudel
- For the puff pastry, knead all the ingredients until you obtain a soft, even dough. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator for the time needed to prepare the filling.
- Soak the raisins in rum. Peel the apples, remove the core and cut them into very thin slices. Sprinkle with the juice of half a lemon, add sugar, pine nuts, cinnamon and finally the raisins with rum.
- Stir well and leave for about ten minutes.
- Roll out the dough very thinly to form a rectangle of at least 45×35. Sprinkle with some of the breadcrumbs, leaving about 4 cm free around the perimeter of the rectangle. Place the apple filling in the middle of the rectangle without pouring the liquid. Sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs, then close the rectangle over the apples to form a cylinder: don’t be alarmed if it seems like a lot, just try to close the strudel and you’ll see that, once cooked, the quantity of apples will be perfect!
- Brush the cylinder well with the apple maceration liquid made of rum and lemon, then bake in a static oven preheated to 180°C for about 45 minutes. In case the strudel does not brown, raise the temperature to 200° for the last 15 minutes.
Version with gluten of Apple strudel
Replace the gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs with conventional products and in the dough reduce the amount of water to 80g and the amount of seed oil to 35g.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!