https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/cous-cous-senza-glutine-uno-che-per-gaia.jpg 450 600 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2018-07-02 12:39:392023-04-07 17:15:43Couscous with prawn and courgette curry
The summer heat is here and our solution to fully enjoy the days outdoors is a fresh and complete recipe: Couscous with prawn and courgette curry.
In this way, you have a unique, tasty dish that is perfect for satisfying a craving for good food without weighing you down and for travelling eastwards with flavours. For your summer, you can also try this Swordfish salad.
The tip: prepare some extra, it will be great even the day after!
Couscous with prawn and courgette curry
Couscous 35g carbohydrates per 100g
Prawn and courgette sauce 4.12g carbohydrates per 100g
- 500g courgettes
- 500g milk
- 400g peeled and deveined prawns
- 300g water
- 250 g couscous Bia gluten free**
- 30g shallot
- 2 heaped tablespoons of grated coconut
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1 tsp turmeric
- extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
- First prepare the couscous. Put 300g of water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt and heat it, without bringing it to the boil. Pour the couscous into a bowl and cover it with hot water; let it rest for the time necessary to allow all the water to be absorbed and the curry to set.
- Put a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan and brown the finely chopped shallot. Add curry and turmeric, and toast for one minute before adding the courgettes cut into sticks half a centimetre in diameter and 4cm long. Let it season for a few minutes, then cover with milk, add salt and pepper and let it cook for about ten minutes. At this point, sprinkle with grated coconut, add the peeled and deveined prawns, stir the mixture well and let it cook for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, shell the couscous, add a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and salt to taste.
- Serve by placing 3 heaped tablespoons of couscous in the centre of a deep dish and the hot prawn and courgette curry sauce all around.
- Watch the videorecipe of a very similar preparation.
Version with gluten of Couscous with prawn and courgette curry
Simply replace the gluten-free couscous with a standard couscous, all other ingredients are naturally gluten free.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!