A one-course meal that can change depending on the occasion: from a tasty aperitif to a succulent starter or a tasty snack to break the afternoon hunger: Cheese and ham bread roll.
We thought of a recipe that you can use to please all bread lovers.
Here are the details for preparing the recipe!
Cheese and ham bread roll
30.08g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for the dough
- 250g water
- 200g gluten-free bread flour mix, brand Farmo Easyglut**
- 200g gluten-free bread flour mix, brand Pedon**
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 12g brewer’s yeast
- 8g salt
Ingredients for the filling
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 200g diced cooked ham*
- 130g cow’s milk mozzarella
- 100g Caciocavallo cheese
- 2 eggs
- oil, salt, pepper, rosemary
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
Preparation of the Cheese and ham bread roll
- Let’s start with the dough! Knead all the ingredients together, form a dough ball and let it rest covered for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. Sauté the diced cooked ham in a pan with a few tablespoons of oil and a sprig of rosemary. Mix the ham with the ricotta cheese, chopped mozzarella and grated Caciocavallo cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough to form a 40x50cm rectangle and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
Spread the filling by forming a rib along the longest side of the rectangle 2cm from the edge and fold it over the filling. Create another rib next to it and continue in this way to obtain a large stuffed cylinder.
Put in a baking dish, brush the surface with oil and bake in a static oven preheated to 180°C for 40 minutes.
Version with gluten of Cheese and ham bread roll
Replace the gluten-free flour (500g) with an equal amount of flour with gluten and knead with 230g water.