If you want to surprise your friends with simplicity, this Tomato Bruschetta sauce can be an idea: with 3 ingredients and the aromatic herbs from your garden, you can have a topping that is as irresistible as cherries!
With so few ingredients, the secret for success is their quality and especially peeled tomatoes make the difference. My recommendation is for you to try Ciro Flagella Peeled Tomatoes that you will never forget after trying once. Then, if you really want a treat, prepare 2 sauces following the same procedure, but using red tomatoes for one sauce and yellow tomatoes for the other: it will be like having a cone of Gelato with two scoops of your favourite flavours.
For a perfect Bruschetta sauce, remember to remove all the seeds from the peeled tomatoes and avoid pieces of aromatic herbs: use a specific bag or container for the herbs so that they can release their essential oils, but not lose leaves or seeds.
And if you have time to chop some extra shallot, make some extra sauce and store it in a jar in the refrigerator to serve with starters or main courses.
Tomato Bruschetta sauce
6.6g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 500g peeled tomatoes
- 150g shallot
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of aromatic herbs (rosemary, thyme, marjoram, summer savoury)
- extra virgin olive oil, chilli pepper, garlic, salt
Preparation of the Bruschetta sauce
- Cut the peeled tomatoes in half, remove the seeds and dice the flesh. Chop the shallot finely and sweat it with 50g olive oil, then add the diced tomato, the garlic and the aromatic herbs bouquet in a bag or colander so that it just releases its aroma.
- Allow to cook over low heat until the tomato has become creamy and the liquid has completely evaporated, therefore at least 1 hour.
- Use the sauce to top Bruschettas or with meat or fish.
Version with gluten of Tomato Bruschetta sauce
The recipe contains only naturally gluten free ingredients, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.