https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/IMG_8551_Foto-Chiara-Marando.jpg 400 600 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2016-06-10 09:04:182023-04-08 17:10:58Tartlets with strawberries
Today we are in the mood for strawberries, their bright colour and inviting taste that goes well with desserts. And here we are with a reinterpretation of the classic shortcrust pastry tartlets, lighter but still delicious: Tartlets with strawberries
Simple, the dough is prepared with ‘Zero Butter’, a fantastic all-vegetable substitute of butter.
We can begin!
Tartlets with strawberries
40.5g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for the shortbread
- 100g wholemeal rice flour*
- 60g sugar
- 50g gluten-free cake flour mix, brand Mix C Dolci Schär**
- 50g almonds, peeled
- 50g Zero butter* or butter
- 1 egg
- 8g baking powder*
Ingredients for the pastry cream
- 160g low fat milk
- 50g sugar
- 15g corn starch*
- 3 egg yolks
- a bit of vanilla from the pod
Ingredients for garnishing
- 200g fresh strawberries
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Grind the almonds in a food processor into a flour and add all the other ingredients for the shortcrust pastry; mix them together to obtain a soft, smooth dough. Cover with cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pastry cream: in a food processor or bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is frothy; add the corn starch and vanilla. Meanwhile, put the milk on the stove and bring it to the boil; pour it over the egg and corn starch mixture and stir quickly with a whisk so that no lumps form. Put everything back on the heat and let it thicken while continuing to stir. Let cool by covering with cling film.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and line tartlet moulds; prick the bottom with a fork and bake in a static oven preheated to 160°C for about 20 minutes. Let them cool down.
- Top the tartlets with custard and strawberries.
Since no gelatine is used to coat the fruit, eat the tartlets on the same day or the next day at the latest.
Version with gluten of Tartlets with strawberries
Replace the gluten-free flour with an equal amount of standard flour.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!