The recipe we are proposing was a real experiment, one of those that not only succeeds perfectly, but can become a must to end a dinner party with a dessert that will conquer the palate: Mini cheesecakes with chocolate and orange.
Beautiful to look at and excellent to eat, these Mini cheesecakes with chocolate and orange are a perfect example of harmony of flavours: the mouth-watering contrast between the chocolate of the base, the cream cheese and the final layer of bitter orange perfectly balances sweetness. The result is a perfect combination that explodes in the mouth.
Can we say that we fell in love? And if you like cheesecakes, also try the strawberry version.
Here’s how to prepare them.
Mini cheesecakes with chocolate and orange
20.26g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for the base
- 200g biscuits**
- 110g butter
- 50g Nutella
Ingredients for the mousse
- 250g whipping cream
- 150g spreadable cheese at room temperature
- 60g icing sugar*
- 50g chocolate chips*
- 8g gelatine sheets*
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 vanilla pod
Ingredients for the orange topping
- 150g bitter orange marmalade* 15g Cointreau or orange juice
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Put the biscuits and butter in the blender and blend everything until you obtain a rather fine mixture. Finally, add Nutella, stirring until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Use the mixture to form the bottom of 8 round pastry rings having a diameter of 8cm placed on a tray. Level the base well and compact it with the back of a spoon. Put to rest in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- In the meantime, prepare the mousse.
Soak the gelatine in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the cheese in a bowl, add the icing sugar and a bit of vanilla from the pod, then mix.
In another bowl, whip the cream and add other seeds from the vanilla pod.
- In a small saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoons of milk without letting it boil, remove it from the heat and add the squeezed gelatine stirring for it to dissolve. When it has cooled, strain it through a sieve and add it to the cream cheese. Fold in the whipped cream gently.
Add chocolate chips as desired and pour the resulting cream over the biscuit base inside the rings.
Let the cheesecakes rest for at least 3 hours.
- And now the last step.
Place the orange marmalade in a cup and dilute it with 3 tablespoons of Cointreau (or orange juice) to soften it so it can be spread on the cheesecakes.
7. To do so, take them out of the rings, cover the surface with a generous layer of jam and decorate to taste with a slice of orange and a few drops of chocolate.
Version with gluten of Mini cheesecakes with chocolate and orange
Replace gluten free biscuits with standard ones; no other adaptation is needed.