Valentine’s Day is approaching and we want to give you some tips to get to the lovers’ night with a perfect menu to make the dinner not only romantic, but very tasty and inviting, so this is our suggestion: Pumpkin flans with sharp Gorgonzola cheese.
We like them both as an appetiser and as a main course depending on what we decide to prepare for the rest of the dinner, and then don’t forget dessert! Have you already decided which one to cook? Well, you will be spoilt for choice, but if you want an original idea, try Chocolate sweets with candied violets.
So choose your menu, roll up your sleeves and look forward to the joy you will give your loved ones.
Pumpkin flans with sharp Gorgonzola cheese
11.44g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for 6 flans
- 500g pumpkin pieces
- 200g Marsala or Port wine
- 100g sharp Gorgonzola
- 2 eggs
- 50g milk
- 50g fresh cream
- 30g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 30g butter
- 30g brown sugar
- 10g potato starch*
- salt and pepper
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Bake the pumpkin in pieces in the oven at 200°C for 20 minutes. In a saucepan, place the butter and flavour the pumpkin, add salt and pepper, then transfer to a food processor and blend. Add the egg yolks one at a time and the egg whites beaten until stiff.
- In a small saucepan, melt the Gorgonzola cheese with Parmesan, milk and cream; add a teaspoon of starch to thicken slightly. Pour a thin layer of pumpkin cream into 6 silicone crème caramel moulds, cover with the Gorgonzola cream and top with the remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Cook bain-marie in a static oven preheated to 200°C for 15-20 minutes.
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan, reduce the Marsala wine with the sugar and serve the sauce on top of the already plated flans.
Version with gluten of Pumpkin flans with sharp gorgonzola cheese
The recipe contains only naturally gluten-free ingredients, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!