https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Budini-al-cocco-con-crema-di-cioccolato-alla-liquirizia-10.jpg 450 600 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2019-06-25 12:03:172023-04-07 14:34:05Gluten-free sweets: Coconut puddings with liquorice flavoured chocolate cream
On these summer days, people look for something cool to quench the feeling of excessive heat, but taste always comes first. Our idea is an alternative to ice cream, a mouth-watering soft dessert with contrasting flavours to savour: Coconut puddings with liquorice flavoured chocolate cream.
If you like cold desserts, try these Mini cheesecakes.
Coconut puddings with liquorice flavoured chocolate cream
19.57g carbohydrates per 100g coconut puddings without cream
Chocolate flavoured liquorice cream
30.31g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 200g milk
- 200g coconut milk
- 150g fresh cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 45g grated coconut*
- 25g wholemeal rice flour*
- 1 organic orange
- almond or hazelnut oil
Ingredients for the liquorice flavoured chocolate cream
- 50g fresh cream
- 35g water
- 30g sugar
- 25g dark chocolate*
- 15g bitter cocoa powder*
- 1 teaspoon powdered liquorice*
- 6 raspberries
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Bring milk, coconut milk and grated coconut to the boil, then remove from the heat and leave until the mixture has cooled.
- Beat the egg yolks well with the sugars, then add the rice flour while continuing to stir and the coconut-flavoured milk through a sieve (so that the grated coconut is removed). Place everything in a saucepan and over low heat, stirring until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat, flavour with grated orange peel and leave to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Whip the cream and finally fold it into the coconut mixture so that it does not lose airiness.
- Brush 6 single-portion moulds with almond or hazelnut oil and fill them with the cream. Place in the freezer for about 6 hours.
- Prepare a chocolate cream. Dissolve the cocoa in the water, then add cream and sugar and cook over medium heat, simmering for 5 minutes, stirring well with a whisk (the temperature should be between 70 and 80 degrees). Turn off the heat and add the dark chocolate, stirring until completely melted; continue stirring until the temperature has dropped well, then add 1 teaspoon of liquorice powder, stir well and store in the refrigerator.
- Take the puddings out of the freezer, remove them from the moulds, place them on a serving plate and wait 30 minutes before serving. When serving, top them with 1 spoonful of liquorice flavoured chocolate cream and garnish with 1 raspberry.
Version with gluten of Coconut puddings with liquorice flavoured chocolate cream
The recipe contains only naturally gluten free ingredients or ingredients bearing the gluten free wording, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.
If you like creamy desserts, also try Mahalabiya a journey through flavours.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!