The Parma Ham Festival ended a few days ago, but we can’t get enough of this traditional specialty. So, why not think of an appetising starter with the king of deli meats? Try these gluten-free Croutons with chickpea hummus and Prosciutto di Parma.
In this recipe, we have decided to combine ham with chickpea hummus, which, with its special texture, gives even more fullness to each bite. Hummus can be used for may more snack ideas, including as a dip for fresh vegetables for a special Pinzimonio. So why not try also this amazing pink hummus. Have fun giving your recipe a touch of colour.
Look at the ingredients for this very simple, quick and tasty recipe and let’s get ready to cook!
Gluten-free Croutons with chickpea hummus and Prosciutto di Parma
Chickpea hummus carbohydrates 10.33g per 100g
Mixed leavening bread carbohydrates 45g per 100g
Ingredients for hummus
- 230g already cooked or canned chickpeas
- 60g water
- 40g lemon juice
- 40g tahina (sesame seed cream)*
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for gluten-free croutons
- Mixed leavening bread
- Parma ham
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- To prepare the hummus, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and even.
- Cut slices of Mixed leavening bread to the desired size. If you prefer a crunchier crouton, toast the slices in a toaster or in the oven.
- Spread the hummus on each slice and top with a slice of freshly sliced Prosciutto di Parma. Easy, isn’t it?
Version with gluten of Croutons with chickpea hummus and Parma ham
Replace the gluten free croutons with standard bread: hummus only contains naturally gluten free ingredients.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!