https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Polpettine-di-cous-cous-2.jpg 450 600 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2018-03-01 07:49:472023-04-07 18:53:30Couscous patties: tasty and easy to prepare
How to resist Couscous patties? So here is one of our favourite sections, meatballs and patties. Today’s recipe is couscous patties: light, tasty and easy to prepare. We also recommend a sauce to accompany them and enhance their flavour.
If you feel like continuing preparing patties, have a look at the Meatballs and patties section of the blog and try Falafel if you want to opt for vegetarian cuisine.
They are simply irresistible!
carbohydrates 18.9g per 100g of patties without sauce
- 200g Green pumpkin pulp
- 180 g ready-made couscous** (I love gluten free Bia Couscous )
- 60g diced speck*
- 40g raisins
- 40g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper as needed
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
Ingredients for the sauce
- 250g Mutti tomato pulp
- extra virgin olive oil, oregano, thyme, chilli, salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the rasisins in warm water. Dice the pumpkin and brown it in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and the clove of garlic; let it cook for 15 minutes. Remove the garlic, add the speck and squeezed raisins, then cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place the cooked pumpkin in a bowl with the couscous and mix, crushing the pumpkin so that the mixture is fairly homogenous. Add the egg and grated Parmesan cheese, mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into round balls, place them on a baking tin lined with parchment paper, drizzle them lightly with oil and bake in a convection oven preheated to 180°C for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the accompanying sauce. Season the tomato pulp with the herbs and extra virgin olive oil, then season with salt, pepper and chilli to taste.
- Serve the couscous balls with the tomato sauce.
Version with gluten of Couscous patties
Replace the gluten-free couscous with one of the wonderful couscous types by the company Biasponsor of the San Vito Lo Capo couscous festival in Sicily.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!