Summer means fresh food, quick to prepare and tasty to eat. In this season, nature helps us with fragrant, tasty and colourful fruit and vegetables, so it is easier to let your imagination run wild with quick recipes based on a few easy-to-prepare ingredients: hence my Cherry tomatoes with anchovy flavoured bread.
This recipe is also perfect for a snack, perhaps turning it into a Bruschetta with bread flavoured with anchovies and cherry tomatoes on top to complete it.
If you are looking for other salad ideas, you may like this Venere rice salad with cherry tomatoes and pistachio nuts.
Cherry tomatoes with anchovy flavoured
9.59g carbohydrates per 100g
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 130g sliced rustic bread**
- 20g capers
- 10g anchovy fillets
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Finely chop parsley, capers and garlic. In a small bowl, emulsify extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to make a dressing; then flavour it with the previously prepared chopped parsley. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and season them with the sauce.
- Put a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the anchovy fillets in it until they have melted.
- Dice the bread, put it in the pan with the oil and let it brown for a few minutes over high heat.
4. Sprinkle the tomatoes with bread and serve.
Version with gluten of Cherry tomatoes with bread and anchovies
Replace gluten-free bread with standard rustic bread.