Here come more ideas for your out-of-home lunch! In our lunch box today, protein, vitamin and fibre are the stars. What am I talking about? Of a delicious Roast beef with aubergine cream to be served with a slice of bread for a complete, balanced and tasty lunch to take with you for every occasion.
In my ideas for out-of-home meals you find the carb count of the whole lunch box: it will be super easy for our kids to calculate how much insulin to inject and lunch will be a joyful moment to share with friends.
If you need a container to take with you, find here the LUNCH BOXwe use.
Have a look at the recipe to prepare my Venere rice salad with cherry tomatoes and pistachio nuts.
Roast beef with aubergine cream
15.9g carbohydrates for the whole lunch box
Ingredients for 1 lunch box
- 300g aubergine
- 140g roast beef, sliced
- 15g raisins or dried apricots
- 10g desalted capers
- 10g pine nuts
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 mint leaves
- aromatic herbs to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (in Italy they may be listed on Prontuario AIC)
- Cut the aubergine into dices of a couple of centimetres, sprinkle with salt and put in a strainer to draw out excess moisture.
- Pat the aubergine dry with a piece of kitchen paper and sautée it in a non-stick pan with a dribble of oil until cooked.
- Blend 2/3 of the eggplant with a tablespoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon of oil and 3 mint leaves; adjust salt and pepper, flavour with chopped aromatic herbs to taste.
- Dress the remaining aubergine with a tablespoon of vinegar, pine nuts, raisins and capers.
- Assemple the lunch box with slices of roast beef topped with aubergine cream and complete with the aubergine salad.
Version with gluten of Roast beef with aubergine cream
The recipe contains only naturally gluten free ingredients, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!