Ideas for out-of-home meals are always good because we increasingly eat lunch away from our kitchens. What does our lunch box contain today? An appetising Red rice salad with avocado cream.
Red rice is a wholemeal alternative to white rice, thus an excellent substitute, rich in flavour and, above all, fibre. In this lunch box you will find it paired with a tasty cream of avocado, a fruit rich in antioxidants and cholesterol-friendly mono-unsaturated fatty acids, and a vegetable salad enriched with the Omega 3 of tuna.
Here then is how you can prepare it for another good and satisfying lunch.
Follow me not to run short of ideas for out-of-home meals! And if you are looking for meals with a lower amount of carbs, try my Roastbeef with aubergine cream.
Red rice salad with avocado cream
51.72g carbohydrates for the whole lunch box
Ingredients for 1 lunch box
- 60g Basmati rice
- 1/2 avocado
- 40g drained tuna
- 40g iceberg lettuce
- 30g fat free Greek yoghurt
- 30g carrots
- 30g pitted green olives
- lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Boil the red rice in lightly salted water, possibly making sure that the rice completely absorbs the liquid. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil.
- Mash half an avocado in a bowl and add Greek yoghurt, season with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the salad by cutting iceberg lettuce into strips, grate the carrots, add the pitted olives and dress with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Fill the lunch box by placing the red rice in one of the containers with the drained tuna and the avocado cream, while placing the vegetable salad in the second container. Close it up and take it with you!