Here come more ideas for out-of-home meals to be carried in our lunch box for eating at work or at school. This is a recipe for a Chicken salad with a very low carb content to be thus completed with a source of healthy carbs.
This tasty lunch box contains very few carbs therefore remember to add a slice of wholemeal bread to and a fruits in season for a balanced nutritional intake. And remember that this Chicken salad with apples and green beans can be a good solution in every season.
This is where we found our LUNCH BOX.
Are you running short of ideas for out-of-home meals! And if you are looking for a lunch with a higher amount of carbs, try my Pasta with chickpea cream and broccoli.
Chicken salad with apples and string beans
8.4g carbohydrates for the whole lunch box
Ingredients for 1 lunch box
- 180g chicken (this will weigh about 130g once cooked)
- 60g iceberg lettuce
- 50g string beans
- 50g tuna in oil
- 50g apples
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (in Italy they may be listed on Prontuario AIC)
- Grill the chicken, then cut it into strips and flavour with some drops of Tabasco, salt, pepper, a dribble of extra virgin olive oil and chopped parsley.
- Boil the string beans and throw them in cold water as soon as they are cooked.
- Put the lettuce cut into strips in a bowl, add the apples, sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent the apple from becoming dark, add some tuna fillets in pieces and dress with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Complete the lunch box dressing the chicken with string beans in pieces, a dribble of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper as needed.
Version with gluten of Chicken salad with apples and string beans
The recipe contains only naturally gluten free ingredients, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!