Today we are going to bake mixing good and tasty ingredients to prepare an equally tasty dessert: Braid with ricotta cheese, apricots and chocolate chips.
A creamy, fresh and delicate filling enclosed in a soft and fragrant short pastry. A mix of flavours that make this dessert a real temptation for every moment of the day. Want another breakfast idea? Try these Rice and buckwheat biscuits.
Braid with ricotta cheese, apricots and chocolate chips
41.84g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for the shortcrust pastry
- 300g flour mix for bread, brand BiAglut**
- 150g butter
- 100g wholemeal rice flour*
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8g baking powder*
- 1 pinch of vanilla pod
Ingredients for the filling
- 400g mixed ricotta
- 80g dried apricots
- 20g chocolate chips*
- 3g powdered sweetener* or a few drops of liquid sweetener*
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Knead all the ingredients for the shortcrust pastry until you obtain a firm, smooth ball. Cover the dough with cling film, then let it rest in the refrigerator for the time needed to prepare the filling.
- Mix the ricotta until it is perfectly creamy and lump-free; add the sweetener (or sugar to taste), chopped apricots and chocolate chips, then mix well.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry to form 3 rectangles measuring approximately 25×20 cm. In the centre of the rectangle, parallel to the long side, form a cylinder of ricotta filling. On both sides of the filling, cut the pastry as if forming a fringe. Starting from one end, fold the first two strips of shortcrust pastry, crossing them over each other in a braid-like manner; continue until complete.
- Place the 3 plaits on a baking tin covered with parchment paper and bake them in a static oven preheated to 180°C for about 20 minutes.
Version with gluten of Braid with ricotta cheese, apricots and chocolate chips
Replace the BiAglut flour with an equal amount of wheat flour. No other adaptation is needed.