Vegetables are fun, colourful, tasty and healthy. In short, there are many good reasons to use them in the kitchen in the preparation of tasty dishes that can become complete meals. They are never missing from our table, and today I want to propose a perfect recipe for a meal full of that goodness we love so much: Vegetable mix au gratin.
The appearance of the pie will certainly make the vegetables more attractive to the little ones at home, who are generally not very attracted to them, but in this preparation, the presence of other tasty and stringy ingredients will win their aversion… so we will be able to ‘train’ taste so that vegetables become an unfailing companion of all meals. And for this unusual workout, I also recommend the Three-colour flan irresistible!
Vegetable mix au gratin
19.22g carbohydrates per 100g
- 700g peeled yellow potatoes
- 100g yellow pepper
- 100g red pepper
- 100g smoked semi-hard cheese
- 60g red onion
- 60g extra virgin olive oil
- 50g pitted green olives*
- 50g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 50g breadcrumbs**
- 1 egg
- extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Boil the potatoes until soft; mash them with a potato masher and let them cool, then season with grated Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the thinly sliced red onion in a non-stick frying pan, or wok, with 30g of oil and brown it. Add the diced yellow and red pepper and let it cook for about ten minutes to soften.
- Take an oven dish and form a layer of mashed potatoes with half of the mixture, cover it with the sautéed peppers, the green olives cut in half and the slices of smoked cheese. Cover everything with the remaining potatoes, sprinkle the surface with breadcrumbs and drizzle with 30 grams of extra virgin olive oil.
- Finally, place in a convection oven preheated to 200°C for about 20 minutes, the surface should turn golden.
Version with gluten of Vegetable mix au gratin
Replace gluten-free breadcrumbs with standard breadcrumbs, no other adaptation is needed.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!