For us, cold weather means hearty, complete and richly flavoured dishes, recipes capable of warming up the moments at the table while letting us savour the days with family and friends: this is what our Paccheri filled with artichoke cream feature.
Time constraints every day certainly don’t help, but this time we have come up with a proposal that can be made and stored in the freezer ready-made… all you have to do is warm it up when needed.
Ready to cook Paccheri filled with artichoke cream? And if you love artichokes, try also Gnocchetti with lentil flour.
Paccheri filled with artichoke cream
14.02g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for the filling
- 400g mixed ricotta
- 200g cream of artichoke*
- 150g gluten free Paccheri**
- 30g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Ingredients for the béchamel sauce
- 250g milk
- 20g wholemeal rice flour*
- 10g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 10g butter
- salt and pepper
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Prepare the filling by mixing ricotta cheese, artichoke cream (you can choose your favourite, we used Prontofresco Greci artichoke cream ) and the Parmesan cheese; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook Paccheri in boiling salted water and drain them when slightly al dente. Put them in cold water to stop the cooking process. Let them barely dry, fill them with the ricotta cream and place them horizontally in an oven dish.
- Prepare a béchamel sauce by melting the butter in a pan, add the flour and stir well with a whisk so that no lumps form. Next, heat the milk on the stove and, when it is close to boiling, remove it from the heat and pour it into the pan with the butter and flour while continuing to stir with a whisk.
- Put the pan back on the heat, season with salt and pepper and, when it comes to the boil, remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- Cover Paccheri with the béchamel sauce and put in a convection oven preheated to 200°C for about 15 minutes.
Filled Paccheri ready to be enjoyed
Version with gluten of Paccheri filled with artichoke cream
Replace gluten-free Paccheri with standard Paccheri, all other ingredients remain unchanged.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!