Are you short of time, but fancy something tasty and versatile? Mini buckwheat breadsticks will be a delightful surprise. Watch how to prepare them on my YouTube channel!
Very few ingredients, quick and easy to prepare, you can use them as an aperitif or to make the bread basket even richer, perhaps by combining them with some Buckwheat and corn focaccia.
The base is a brisè crust whose flavour is enriched by blended sesame seeds that allow us to reduce the amount of salt contained, but let’s not forget that these are buckwheat mini breadsticks that contain butter, so let’s not eat too many… as they are irresistible!
Finally, sesame seeds are rich in calcium, as well as containing Omega 3 and Omega 6, so they are good supplements for lactose intolerant people and to prevent osteoporosis.
Mini buckwheat breadsticks
carbohydrates 49.7g per 100g
- 130 g gluten free bread flour mix, brand Nutrifree**
- 60g buckwheat flour*
- 80g butter
- 40g water
- 1 egg white
- 20g sesame seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
Preparation of Mini buckwheat breadsticks
- Put the sesame seeds in a blender and blend to a flour.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients: the sesame flour, bread flour and buckwheat flour, a pinch of salt, the cold butter in small pieces, the egg white and the water and stir to obtain an even mixture.
- Form a ball with the dough, wrap it in cling film and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Take pieces of dough and form them into cylinders 1cm in diameter, cut them into pieces 3-4cm long and lay them on a baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the breadsticks in a static oven preheated to 180°C for about 20 minutes.
Version with gluten of Mini buckwheat breadsticks
Replace the gluten free flour with 150 g bread flour and reduce the amount of water if the dough is too soft.