https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/IMG_2922Foto-Lorenzo-Moreni.jpg 400 600 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2017-01-27 08:10:092023-04-08 08:54:49Vegan chocolate biscuits
It was a challenge I wanted to try, namely to bake Vegan chocolate biscuits because on one of my trips I tasted a vegan biscuit that really bewitched me. After many trials, I have finally arrived at a version that the whole family loves, but beware that vegan does not mean low-calorie and low-carbohydrate!
So let’s enjoy these biscuits, but in moderation, also because it’s hard to stop once you’ve tasted them! Other biscuits? Try these Coffee flavoured ones.
Vegan chocolate biscuits
62.28g carbohydrates per 100g
- 100g fine corn flour*
- 100g fat emulsion (with Zero butter)*
- 80g dark chocolate*
- 75g teff flour*
- 75g sugar
- 65g Moscovado sugar
- 60g hazelnuts
- 40g water
- 30g bitter cocoa*
- 7g soy lecithin*
- 4g baking powder*
- 1 vanilla pod
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
Preparation of Vegan chocolate biscuits
- Start by chopping the hazelnuts to a flour-like powder; then chop the dark chocolate; prepare an emulsion with water and soy lecithin.
- Whip the plant butter with the sugars and add all the other ingredients until you obtain a firm dough; cover it with cling film and place in the refrigerator about 30 minutes.
- When the time has elapsed, take the mixture and form small balls of 40g each; arrange them on a baking tin covered with parchment paper at a distance of 5cm; finally, place in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- The last step is to bake your chocolate balls in a static oven preheated to 180°C for 15 minutes. You can decorate each ball with 1 hazelnut before baking.
- Once baked, let the sweets cool and serve.
Version with gluten of Vegan chocolate biscuits
The recipe contains only naturally gluten-free ingredients, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.