Chickpea hummus is a preparation of Middle Eastern origin, spicy and creamy, but also perfect to accompany meat, fish or simply to enrich a Bruschetta.
You can also use it for tasty canapés to be topped with sweet-and-sour vegetables, but also with fish and meat. Try it with the great Emilia Romagna classics, i.e. with deli-meats and some drops of Tradizional Balsamic Vinegar. During the summer, use it as a dip for fresh vegetables: well, truly a recipes for thousands of ideas.
Here’s how to prepare it in a few minutes.
7.25g carbohydrates per 100g
- 200g cooked or canned chickpeas
- 100g water
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g fresh spring onion
- 20g lemon juice
- 15g tahina (sesame seed cream)*
- 15g capers
- salt and pepper
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Fry the spring onion in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil and water.
- Once cooked, place it in a blender with the other ingredients and blend until smooth and even.
- Try serving it as a dip or topping for croutons and Bruschetta.
Version with gluten of Chickpea hummus
The recipe is naturally gluten-free, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.