Were we looking forward to summer? Well, with it also the dreaded heat has arrived! And to combat it, we recommend a simple, fresh and very tasty dish, a great classic to which we have added our personal touch: Octopus and chickpea salad with balsamic vinegar, a perfect mix of fish, vegetables, pulses and lightness.
If you love salads, try this Legumotti salad with caramelised Tropea onion.
Here’s what you need to prepare it!
Octopus and chickpea salad with balsamic vinegar
6.71g carbohydrates per 100g
- 1kg fresh octopus, gutted (500g cooked)
- 230g cooked chickpeas (I used canned chickpeas*)
- 200g ripe tomatoes
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 small carrots
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- extra virgin olive oil, salt, Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, parsley
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Place the octopus in a slightly high-sided pan, add water so that it is more than half covered, then top with a celery stalk, carrots, parsley, onion and garlic; cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Once it is ready, drain it and let it cool. Remove most of the skin, cut it into pieces and then add the chickpeas and chopped tomatoes.
- Season to taste with a pinch of salt, extra virgin olive oil and Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. We added the parsley only as a garnishing, but you can also put a sprinkling of it in the salad dressing.
Version with gluten of Octopus and chickpea salad with balsamic vinegar
The recipe contains only naturally gluten-free ingredients, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.