We finally have a chance to get out of the house and enjoy nature, the temperatures have risen and the colours around us charge us with energy, so the plates get coloured too: Pink chickpea hummus with chickpea Sfogliette.
This is the effect that colours have on me. Chickpea hummus turns pink to accompany a gift from Sarchio: delicious chickpea Sfogliette that have only good qualities as they are organic, gluten free, baked in the oven and with just the right amount of carbohydrates for a snack or a nice aperitif with friends.
I barely finished taking the photos after recording the video recipe before the family gathered around the small bowls to fill the little crispy sheets with creamy hummus, impatiently waiting for dinner.
Remember also that you can indulge in ‘colouring’ the hummus with your favourite flavours by using vegetables or spices to make it even tastier.
Pink chickpea hummus with chickpea Sfogliette
10.64g carbohydrates per 100g
67g carbohydrates per 100g Sarchio chickpea Sfogliette
- 230g cooked or canned chickpeas
- 60g water
- 40g tahini (sesame seed cream)*
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g red beet
- 20g lemon juice
- chives, optional
- salt and pepper
- Sarchio chickpea Sfogliette*
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Take the red beet and cook it in boiling water for about 40 minutes or until soft when pierced with the tines of a fork. Take a small amount for this preparation, while keeping the other to use as a side dish to season with oil, vinegar and salt.
- Put the chickpeas in a blender with all the other ingredients and blend until smooth and even.
- Complement this beautiful and colourful hummus with chives or other spices to taste.
- It is ideal to serve as a dip or topping for croutons and Bruschetta.
Version with gluten of Pink chickpea hummus with chickpea Sfogliette
The recipe contains only naturally gluten-free ingredients, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.