Winter offers us some wonderful products, and Radicchio is certainly one of these delicacies whose secrets you can discover in this article dedicated to the “Winter Flower” and this recipe to prepare Ricotta dumplings with radicchio.
At the same time, cold days bring with them a desire for full-bodied, rich-tasting recipes, a solution to combat the cold and pamper the palate. For this reason, we like first courses that combine balanced ingredients with an enveloping flavour. So, here are our Ricotta dumplings with radicchio.
Served piping hot and creamy, they are irresistible!
Ricotta dumplings with radicchio
16.4g carbohydrates per 100g plain ricotta dumplings
- 300g cow’s milk Ricotta cheese
- 200g Taleggio cheese
- 100g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 100g gluten-free multi-purpose flour, brand Schär**
- 1 egg
- 1 Radicchio from Treviso
- salt and extra virgin olive oil
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Start preparing the dumplings: mix Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, flour and egg, adding salt to taste. Shape into a dough ball and put it to rest in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Once ready, create cylindrical strips and cut them into chunks, they will be your dumplings.
- In the meantime, put a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the chopped Treviso radicchio. Once soft, add the Taleggio cheese and turn off the heat.
- Cook the dumplings in boiling salted water for a few minutes. As soon as they rise to the surface, remove them with a slotted spoon and put them in the pan with Radicchio and Taleggio cheese.
- Stir gently over medium heat so that the cheese melts and all the flavours blend together.
Version with gluten of Ricotta dumplings with radicchio
Replace the gluten free flour with 120g wheat flour.