https://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Biscottini-al-caffè-Morandin-4.jpg 399 600 Ilaria Bertinelli http://unochefpergaia.it/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Uno-Chef-Per-Gaia-2023.png Ilaria Bertinelli2016-11-25 08:01:582023-04-08 12:44:01Francesca's recipes: Coffee biscuits
Today, Francesca Morandin gives us an idea to brighten up our day with a mouth-watering recipe that is perfect for sweetening certain moments of the day, such as breakfast, afternoon tea or coffee and, why not, even a tasty after-dinner drink: Coffee biscuits.
To enrich your table with more sweet temptations, try one of my favourite biscuits: gluten free Canestrelli.
51.28g carbohydrates per 100g
- 250g buckwheat flour mix, brand Petra 5**
- 120g butter
- 100g sugar
- 50g hazelnut flour* (or hazelnuts to be blended into flour)
- 40g milk chocolate with no added sugar*
- 10g sprouted buckwheat flour* (optional)
- 10g ground coffee
- 1 cup of espresso coffee
- 1 egg yolk
- a pinch of salt
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- In a planetary mixer, whip the butter left at room temperature with the sugar. When the mixture is well whipped, add the ground coffee, egg yolk and espresso; mix everything together and only at the end add the buckwheat, hazelnut flour and sprouted buckwheat flour. Mix well and place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry between two sheets of baking paper and cut the biscuits into the desired shape or, as in this case, form a ball and place it in a paper cup.
- Bake in a static oven preheated to 175°C for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the milk chocolate in a bain-marie, or in the microwave, and decorate just the tip of the biscuits.
Version with gluten of Coffee biscuits
Replace the Petra 5 flour with 280g cake wheat flour.