Today the topic is leavened products and, more specifically, gluten-free Vegetable buns, so a tasty bread that can also be enjoyed on its own, because it is extremely tasty and pleasant.
The only downside: one bite leads to another!
Ready to get your hands in the dough to prepare some soft and fragrant Vegetable buns?
Let’s get started!
54.57g carbohydrates per 100g
- 1 kg flour mix for bread and pizza, brand Molino Dallagiovanna**
- 700g water
- 175g mixed vegetables already sautéed (courgette, carrot, spring onion, pepper)
- 25g chia seeds (soaked in 60 g water)
- 12g brewer’s yeast
- 10g salt
- oil for brushing the surface, salt for vegetables, rice flour for dusting*
** Ingredients specific for celiacs
- In a non-stick pan, cook a mixture of vegetables cut into strips or chunks, adding a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. Brown.
- In a planetary mixer or bowl, mix all the ingredients for the bread, add the cooked vegetables and continue kneading to obtain an even mixture. Dust a cutting board with rice flour and put the dough on it; let it rest, i.e. pre-rise, for about 15-20 minutes.
- With the help of a metal scraper, form rectangular pieces of dough, place them on baking tins covered with parchment paper and let them rise for about 2 hours.
- When the rolls are nice and puffy and have doubled in volume, brush them with oil and bake them in a static oven preheated to 200°C for about 30 minutes.
Version with gluten of Vegetable buns
Replace the gluten-free Molino Dallagiovanna flour with an equal amount of wheat flour and mix with 500g water.