Our much-loved meatballs are back on the table with these Turkey meatballs with saffron, the perfect dish to please young and old alike. Why? Simply because they contain the right nutrients, they can be prepared with vegetables and have that nice shape typical of goodies that are eaten one after the other.
Meatballs are also a practical solution for household supplies: when you make them, you can make extra amounts and, once cooked, you can put them in the home freezer to have them ready in minutes in case of emergency. You can defrost them first in the microwave oven and then heat them in a non-stick pan, or simply wait for them to defrost and heat directly on the stove.
Today’s proposal is a light, delicate and lightly spiced recipe: Turkey meatballs with saffron.
Prepare your shopping list with these ingredients and fire up the cooker… let’s get started!
Turkey meatballs with saffron
6.9g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 700g ground turkey meat
- 450g milk
- 250g leek
- 100g robiola cheese
- 80g breadcrumbs**
- 40g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 sachet of saffron
- rice flour*, extra virgin olive oil, salt, herbs
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Chop the leek very finely and sweat it in a non-stick pan with a little oil.
- Place the minced meat in a bowl, add the stewed leek, season with salt and add the Parmesan, robiola cheese, breadcrumbs, egg and chopped herbs, then mix well.
- Form patties 3-4 cm in diameter, roll them in rice flour and brown them on both sides in a non-stick pan with a little oil. Now dissolve the saffron in the milk, add a little salt and pour it over the meatballs. Cover and cook, allowing the saffron sauce to thicken well.
Version with gluten of Turkey meatballs with saffron
Replace gluten-free breadcrumbs with standard breadcrumbs.