Are you looking for new ideas for out-of-home meals at the office or university? Here is an easy recipe for a tasty and healthy Venere rice salad for a meal to take with you.
For our kids who need to eat gluten free and to count the carbohydrates contained in the meal, the lunch box is the perfect solution to travel, but the question is: what can I cook that can be quick and easy to carry? One of the many answers is this Venere rice salad with cherry tomatoes and pistachio nuts.
This is where we found our LUNCH BOX.
Follow me not to run short of ideas for out-of-home meals! E non perderti il Roastbeef con crema di melanzane.
Venere rice salad with cherry tomatoes and pistachio nuts
60.2g carbohydrates for the whole lunch box
Ingredients for 1 lunch box
- 120g cherry tomatoes
- 70g Venere rice (Italian black rice) (weight when cooked 140g)
- 15g Pecorino cheese
- 15g shelled pistachios, unsalted
- extra virgin olive oil
- mint and basil
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (in Italy they may be listed on Prontuario AIC)
- Boil the rice in plenty of slightly salted boiling water and, if you don’t have time, choose a pre-cooked Venere rice that will be ready in a few minutes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half placing the cut side on the tin lined with parchment paper; sprinkle with salt, oregano and extra virgin olive oil. Put them in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes or anyway until they start caramelising.
- Coarsely grate the Pecorino cheese and slightly chop the pistachio nuts.
- Dress the Venere rice with the roasted tomatoes with their juice, grated Pecorino, pistachio nuts and chopped mint and basil adjusting salt, if needed.
Version with gluten of Venere rice salad with cherry tomatoes and pistachio nuts
The recipe contains only naturally gluten free ingredients, so no adaptation is necessary for its version with gluten.