Autumn in the kitchen means pumpkin and pumpkin means Pumpkin spoon-shaped gnocchi! Pumpkin is an ingredient with innumerable properties, a delicate taste that goes well with even daring combinations, but above all with many uses.
And we love it. We like it for its bright colour that brings vitality to dishes, for its full-bodied flesh that lends itself to making any recipe interesting and tasty, for its transformation into sweet or savoury preparations following your creativity.
Today we want to pay tribute to this gift of nature with a very simple yet impressive recipe.
Ready to find out? Pumpkin spoon-shaped gnocchi
Pumpkin spoon-shaped gnocchi
14.5g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 kg cooked pumpkin (corresponding to approx. 1 pumpkin of the Delica variety, green skin and orange flesh)
- 160g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 140g gluten-free pasta flour mix, brand Petra 3**
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper and nutmeg
- butter, sage and Parmesan cheese for seasoning
** Ingredients specific for celiacs
- Cook the pumpkin in pieces in a static oven preheated to 200°C for 20 minutes or in a thick-bottomed pan, adding a bit of water until soft and well-dried.
- Mash the pumpkin in a potato masher or blend it in a food processor.
- Mix the mashed pumpkin with grated Parmesan cheese, eggs and flour; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Once the mixture is ready, put a pot of water on the stove, bring it to the boil, salt it and then throw in a few teaspoons of pumpkin mixture the size of a walnut at a time. Watch also the video of how to prepare Pumpkin spoon-shaped gnocchi.
- When the gnocchi have risen to the surface, let them boil for 1 minute, then drain with a slotted spoon.
- Finally, dress them with melted butter, sage and grated Parmesan cheese.
How to dress pumpkin gnocchi
Version with gluten of Pumpkin spoon-shaped gnocchi
Replace the Petra 3 flour with 100g of wheat flour and 40g corn or potato starch.