What could we do if we are given a whole box of beautiful Genovese Basil PDO directly from Celle Ligure? Pesto alla Genovese can be used in so many dishes, including this irresistible Lasagna with pesto and green beans. You can also use pesto in theLegumotti salad with caramelised Tropea onion instead of creamed spinach!
If we use dry pasta, Lasagna with pesto and green beans will be very quick to prepare! We will need just enough time to cook the green beans, the béchamel and finally finish recipe in the oven. In addition, you can also prepare the lasagna the day before or freeze it very easily. Watch how to prepare it!
Very important: if you use dry pasta, the béchamel sauce must be abundant and rather liquid otherwise the pasta may not cook properly, so form a nice layer of béchamel sauce on the surface to avoid nasty surprises!
Lasagna with pesto and green beans
19.31g carbohydrates per 100 g
Ingredients for a 25x35cm rectangular baking tin
- 1 litre milk
- 300g string beans
- 300g gluten free Lasagne, brand Massimo Zero**
- 100g approx. grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 g pesto Genovese*
- 100 g butter
- 90g wholemeal rice flour*
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Steam the green beans or cook them in lightly salted boiling water, then cut into 3-4 cm long pieces.
- Prepare the béchamel sauce by heating the milk on the stove. In the meantime, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour to make a creamy mixture. When the milk has almost come to the boil, pour it over the butter and flour mixture, stirring with a whisk so that no lumps form, then return to the heat to thicken.
- Complete the béchamel sauce by adding salt and about 70g of grated Parmesan cheese. Keep about 1/4 of the béchamel sauce aside to cover the surface of the finished lasagna, while adding the pesto Genovese to the remaining béchamel sauce.
- Start composing the lasagna. Pour a small amount of béchamel sauce on the bottom of the baking dish, form a layer of lasagna, cover it with plenty of pesto béchamel sauce, sprinkle with 1/3 of the green beans and grated Parmesan cheese to taste. Continue until all ingredients are used up.
- Cover the last layer of lasagna with the white béchamel sauce, sprinkle with Parmesan and bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for at least 20 minutes.
Version with gluten of Lasagna with pesto and green beans
Replace dry gluten-free lasagna with standard lasagna.