Today we want to offer you a recipe for a complete, extremely tasty and impressive main course: Pork in a Parmesan crust accompanied by a soft-hearted potato pie.
A dish that combines the strong flavour of pork encased in a crispy crust of Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, served with a different accompaniment: classic potatoes are transformed into a pie that hides a heart of stringy cheese.
In short, a preparation to show off at a dinner party or to surprise your friends with something enjoyable.
Well, let’s get started!!!
Pork in Parmesan crust with stuffed potato pie
Pork in Parmesan crust 3.79g carbohydrates per 100g
Soft-hearted potatoes 13.1g carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 600g boneless pork loin
- 600g yellow potatoes
- 120g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 eggs (1 whole + 1 egg white)
- 40g breadcrumbs**
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 20g butter
- Taleggio cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg
To taste: fondue with 100g cream and 50g grated Parmesan cheese
**Ingredients specific for celiacs
*Ingredients whose labels must read “gluten-free” (or, in Italy, present on Prontuario AIC)
- Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Brown the loin on all sides with a little oil in a frying pan. As soon as it is ready, season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 190° for about 15 minutes, so that the middle part of the meat remains rare.
- Then let it cool and dip it first in the egg white and then in the Parmesan breadcrumbs. Repeat the operation twice, so that the crust becomes even crispier. Then lay the loin on a sheet of baking paper and bake at 200°C for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- And now the potato pies! Boil the potatoes, mash them and season with a pinch of salt, pepper, nutmeg and butter. Put the resulting mash in buttered mini cocottes and put a piece of Taleggio cheese in the centre. Bake in the oven at 200° for 10 minutes.
- If you want to prepare a sauce for serving, put the cream on the stove with the grated Parmesan cheese and let it reduce slightly.
Serve the sliced pork and accompany it with the potato pie and fondue.
Version with gluten of Pork in Parmesan crust with stuffed potato pie
Replace the gluten-free breadcrumbs with standard breadcrumbs; no other adaptation is needed.