Nature is coming back to life all around us with an explosion of flowers and plants, including edible wild herbs and aromatic herbs, so what better idea than to prepare irresistible Vegetable omelettes with herbs?
They are the perfect solution for preparing a healthy, naturally gluten free and carbohydrate freedinner to accompany other seasonal vegetables and a slice of fragrant fibre rich bread: don’t you think so?
Vegetable omelettes with herbs
negligible carbohydrates per 100g
Ingredients for 4 omelettes
- 8 eggs
- 170g Swiss chard (just the green part)
- 140g Tropea red onions
- 120g peeled tomatoes
- 60g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- dried oregano
- a few marjoram and thyme leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Clean the red onions and slice them. Wash the Swiss chard and cut them into strips.
- In a non-stick pan, brown the garlic in a little oil, then add the onions and Swiss chard, season with salt and pepper, then cook with the lid on for a few minutes.
- Coarsely chop the peeled tomatoes and add them to the vegetables in the pan; cook for another 5 minutes to completely dry the water from the vegetables and remove the garlic.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add 2 teaspoons of chopped parsley, oregano, aromatic herbs and the cooled down vegetables. Finally, add the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan of 18-20cm diameter with a little oil and pour in one fourth of the mixture, cooking the omelettes for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the omelettes accompanied by raw and cooked vegetables to taste.
Vegetables omelettes with herbs ready to be enjoyed
Version with gluten of Vegetable omelettes with herbs
The recipe is naturally gluten-free, so no adaptation is needed for the version with gluten.